To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of confined spaces,
the associated legislation, Approved Code Of Practice (“ACOP”),
dangers associated with confined spaces and to the ability to enter,
work and leave them safely by horizontal and/or vertical entry.
This programme is designed
for Managers, Supervisors and
Operatives who may be required
to make an emergency evacuation
from a confined space using
escape breathing apparatus.
- Confined Space Regulations 1997, associated legislation and ACOP.
- Methods of risk control.
- Atmospheric monitoring.
- Health hazards and control.
- Safety equipment and pre-use checks.
- Escape breathing apparatus.
- Practical exercise and assessment.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Summarise the requirements of the Confined Space legislation and the associated ACOP.
- Identify a confined space and its reasonable foreseeable risks.
- Select appropriate methods of risk control.
- Select appropriate safety equipment that may be used when entering a confined space and carry out appropriate pre-use checks.
- Conduct an entry into a confined space using escape breathing apparatus and appropriate ancillary safety equipment, in a safe and efficient manner.